The aim of SPLASH is to provide employees and employers with access to clear information about Shared Parental Leave and Pay. The website includes:
- A detailed summary of shared parental leave and pay
- Short factsheets on different aspects of leave and pay, eg ‘what’s in it for mothers’, ‘what’s it for dads and partners’, ‘what’s in it for employers’
- Answers to frequently asked questions
- Blogs on issues and developments around leave and pay
- A hub for people to obtain advice and support from experts
- Links to other useful sites, such as ACAS standard letters
SPLash (SPL advice on sharing) has been created by an alliance of organisations with expertise in employment law and issues affecting parents at work. Its purpose is the sharing of knowledge and best practice on Shared Parental Leave.
Our aim is to explain clearly the detail of the new regulations including:
- who is entitled to SPL
- who is entitled to shared parental pay
- how it can be shared between the mother/adopter and her (or his) partner
- the pros and cons of shared parental leave for employees and employers
- the procedure for taking shared parental leave and pay.